Thursday, October 30, 2008

A verse I just read that comforted me:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

- Philippians 4:6-7

/edit/

i got called in for an interview at this private english school and taught for 2 hours, 1 hour teaching composition, the other grading the compositions. afterwards, the teacher watching me said it was very good. then asked if i have an ARC and i said no. then she said i'm coming back monday morning to interview with the principal. this is more tiring than applying for big companies in the u.s., gosh darnit.

funny thing...i was grading their compositions, and it was about going to the store or something. at least 2-3 mentioned "it was on sale so my mom said i could buy it", or something to that degree. lol, you'll only see this kind of writing with chinese kids. i've never taught kids in the u.s., but it's just funny to see the way chinese are with money and how they teach their kids. "you can only buy it if it's on sale..." lol.

on the blue 5 going up the mountain today...i was STANDING, along with like 4 or 5 other people. i was holding on for my life, and some of the other people almost slid to the front at this one sharp curve. i head shoes screeching. haha.

/edit/

so my ex-boyfriend's good friend is also here in taiwan. he asked me how the job search was going, and i said good and told him the above. we talked about pay rate, etc. then i said, "all this talk about money is making me feel like....it's important to me", and he goes "it's not?" (lol..here's my IN!) and i go, "i need it, but i know God will provide", and he goes "God will provide? i don't feel provided at all. living under financial stress is hell", and i go, "i worry too, but i just know he'll provide. i prayed about this." and then i proceeded to tell him why i'm here and that teaching english is just something to sustain me. i told him i'm mostly glad i found a small group here at a good church. and i go, "i know you don't understand....", and he goes, "i wish i did." heh heh heh. gotcha.

i don't know if he has my blog address, but just in case...hi marco ma! you're my testimony. =) this will encourage a lot of people, i hope!

2 comments:

  1. dude thats my favorite verse. in everything with prayer and petition...

    oh dude marco's there? Tell him i said hi and i'll be there in december. we can all go eat somewhere.

    ReplyDelete