Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Funny Observations...

1. My older cousin and I were walking down the mountain to go to Tonghua Night Market the other day to get some small snacks and fruits, and a taxicab honked and zoomed past us. We were already walking like right next to the cars. Were we supposed to climb on top of the cars or something?

2. My cousins and I just ate at this all-you-can-eat hotpot place, and I walked all the way home, which is a long-a** way. I thought if I stopped walking, I'd puke right there on the street. Normal logic is "You eat to enjoy the food, so just eat until you're satisfied", and Asian logic is "I have to eat as much as I can so I can get my money's worth" and Asian logic is what got me in this situation. At least I got in some exercise, because I've been eating enormous amounts of food lately...

3. As I was walking up the mountain to go home, I passed a security guard for an apartment complex in his box practicing the flute. L.O.L. You know those ladies in those old Chinese movies with flowing qipaos and huge ornaments dangling off their head? They play flutes.

4. I was walking and saw a ginormous (I know it's not a word, okay) dog that kept barking. As I walked past, the lady said, "Why are you barking so loud? Do you know that that's not good?" What the heck? You don't reason with a freakin' dog.

5. I was walking across the street to the Cathay Hospital to get my third chemical peel, and saw a nicely-dressed, seemingly decent guy in front of me standing on the street corner, fixing his pants around that area. He fixed the front then he fixed the back. We were in a really nice area and he was standing on the corner of a really big street with about 30-40 people crossing. I don't get it. You just couldn't wait? Are you like 5?!

My mom wasn't kidding when she said the word I'll use most often in Taiwan is "unbelievable".

My sister and I were talking on Skype and we concluded that God always does things last minute. She said that she's always to the point of pulling out her hair and freakin' out, and then God says, here's a solution. Lol, which is so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment